Static Oceans Corporation
Based in Chicago, IL
Press / Business Contact:
3717 N Ravenswood Ave
Chicago, IL 60613
+00 (1) 508 523 2368
Static Oceans Corporation is a monololithic corporate empire dedicated to world domination through video games. Actually, it's just Benedict Fritz making great games with friends.
The Static Oceans Corporation was founded in November of 2013.Real History
Benedict Fritz has been developing games since the spring of 2011. In the two years that followed, Benedict cranked out as many games as he could. Whether it was for a college class, game jam, or side project, the goal was to learn as much as possible. In summer of 2011 Benedict moved to Chicago, where he joined the growing indie games scene. A Night Forever, released in September of 2012, marked Benedict's first larger release. The game was created in collaboration with artist Gerald Kelley and musician Mike Skalandunas. Upon release the game was featured on the front page of Newgrounds, and has since received over 25,000 plays. Benedict's next release was Martian Middle School Dance. After release in April of 2013, the game was featured on Rock Paper Shotgun, freeindiegam.es, Gameological Society, Punk Arcade, and Forest Ambassador. Currently Benedict is working on an arcade skiing adventure game called Dudeski. The game is slated for release in March 2014 on iOS. Gerald Kelley is once again joining as a collaborator, creating the art and helping with design for the project.
There are currently no trailers available for Static Oceans Corporation. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
There are far more images available for Static Oceans Corporation, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Martian Middle School Dance at the Punk Arcade Exhibit" - Vector Game+Art Convergence Festival, February 2014
- "Front Page Feature for A Night Forever" - Newgrounds, August 2012
- "Friday Night Fever - A visitor from Mars makes first contact in Martian Middle School Dance."
- Drew Toal, Gameological Society
- "Live Free, Play Hard: The Week’s Finest Free Indie Games"
- Porpentine, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "Martian Middle School Dance (Benedict Fritz)"
- Noyb, FreeIndieGam.es
- "Martian Middle School Dance is a game about fitting in"
- Merritt Kopas, Forest Ambassador
- "I actually thought it was by Jake Elliott."
- Lee Tusman, Punk Arcade
Team & Repeating Collaborators
Music, Sound Design