Static Oceans Corporation
Based in Chicago, IL
March 13, 2014 (iOS) || February 3, 2015 (Android)
|iOS – $1.99|
|Android – Free (Ads)|
Race down the slopes of Shred Lord Mountain. Ski through gates; dodge penguins, yetis, and trees; collect pinecones; outrun an avalanche! Reach the bottom and join the Shred Lords as one of the raddest there ever was. Dudeski is an arcade skiing adventure slated for release in March of 2014.
Dudeski is made by Benedict Fritz and Gerald Kelley. They met at Indie City Games, a Chicago games collective, when Benedict first moved to the city in 2011. After collaborating in a game jam they decided they sorta kinda got along well enough to attempt making a bigger game. This collaboration resulted in the game A Night Forever, which was released in September of 2012. Despite the game being featured on the front page of Newgrounds and receiving over 25,000 plays, Benedict and Gerry decided they had had enough of each other for a while. They both worked on solo projects, with Benedict releasing Martian Middle School Dance, and Gerry releasing Jupiter Jerry's Tour of the Kuiper Belt. Development on Dudeski began in April of 2013 as Benedict was interested in making something gameplay-focused. Dudeski will mark Benedict and Gerald's first commercial release.
- Four mountain sections – the Top, the Forest, Yeti Valley, and the Totem Trials.
- The mountain changes with every run – never ski the same slopes twice.
- Collect pinecones on the mountain to unlock shortcuts, and purchase gear to help you survive the mountain's many obstacles.
- Secret zones are scattered across the mountain, each holding a trophy for you to claim.
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "The New Yorker's iPhone Game of the Month" March 15, 2014
- "If 'The Big Lebowski' had an alpine sequel, and that sequel were turned into a video game, it would be Dudeski."
- Joshua Rothman, The New Yorker
- "Dudeski pits your shredding skills to the test in a race against an avalanche — and totally nails the run."
- Richard Moss, MacLife
- "Filled with humorous touches and arcade fun, Dudeski is entertaining from top to bottom."
- Alex Beech, AppSpy
- "...a unique experience among a bevy of me-too auto-runners."
- Carter Dotson, 148Apps
- "It's joyfully silly, but still manages to be a slick and enjoyable retro-styled slope slider."
- Harry Slater, PocketGamer
Blog post of the first announcement of the game. Includes screenshots of early development. benedictfritz.com.
About Static Oceans Corporation
Static Oceans Corporation is a monololithic corporate empire dedicated to world domination through video games. Actually, it's just Benedict Fritz making great games with friends.
More information on Static Oceans Corporation, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Art, Additional Design
Music, Sound Design